View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Default 1930's Carrerra THE FOUR MARX BROTHERS

Posted By: Jim Manos

I had done a few deals with him before this and I had this cabinet on ebay(after it ended no bids). He ask if I would take a lower price and we negotiated a price. He first wanted to see the cabinet before it was a done deal. I trusted him and sent the cabinet del conf. After a week I called him and he said he never got it?? I then checked with the USPS online and it said it was delivered.(You can check with the #'s on the del conf) He was short and said "I don't know what to tell you but I never recieved" I then told him to please ask others, etc...No dice. I then found out shortly there after a few weeks that this guy has commited other types of mail fruad.
I then got my attorney and got a default judgement against the guy(cost a grad). Which I still have. The problem is is collecting the $ and the cost's to do so. The guy does have assets I can get a lein on or lock up. The costs in getting a NY attorney to do so is alittle different than Dublin, Ohio. So with that being said I have done nothing. This hobby has been very good to me a I don't think I have been hit on but a few small ebay deals, so I guess I learned the hard way. Accidents happen and maybe he didn't get it?? Put with a del confirm and 4 others having the same or similar problems with the guy I get alittle wide eyed.
I actually did post this issue on the forum main board maybe a month after it happened.