Thread: PSA Scam
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Scam

Posted By: Double-P-Enterprises

Jose Hernandez and his PSA scams go back long before this. In November of 2004, I inquired, via Ebay, on a "blurry" PSA 1 52 Topps Mantle and asked the seller for a better scan. I received an email stating that he also had a PSA 2 and would ship them COD via FedEx and I only had to turn the cashier's check over to FedEx once I opened the package and liked the cards. The price was 4,000 and after a couple phone calls, I bit.

Bottom line, the cards showed up, they were fake (good fakes) in fake PSA holders (excellent fake PSA holders) and I had to get the local police to stop FedEx from sending my $4,000 cashier's check back to the seller. It was routed back to a FedEx Station in San Diego, CA as "customer pickup". Fortunately I lived in an upscale part of a large city and the police didn't have many other things to do so I asked for their assistance. The officer was great, took the cards, and my check and said he'd sort it out with all parties. 30 days later I received a call to come get my check as they could not make contact with the other party. 30 days after that I received another call to come pick up the cards if I wanted them or they would be thrown away. Obviously no one at the precinct collected cards as a kid which I found odd.

I contact Joe Orlando and did a phone interview with their attorney's a month or so later. They were well aware of the guy and I was told they were doing what they could to catch them. I turned over all documentation that I had as well as the two Mantle cards to PSA and haven't heard a word since. I assume they did all that they could but who knows. As I didn't incur any loss, I didn't pursue it further. Joe Orlando, in my opinion, handled the situation professionally, and was very kind to me. I got the sense that he was genuinely concerned about the situation.

Good luck getting whole in the situation.