View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Talkin' BB with our heroes....tell us of your experiences ?

Posted By: Brandon Brown

February last year, I had the opportunity to attend a local show where Stan "The Man' Musial would be signing autographs. Being a lifelong Cardinal's fan, I opted to pay the seemingly signifigantly high $80 for the auto ticket. I decided that since I was only 32 at the time, way too young to have seen him play, this would be a unique opportunity to meet a true baseball legend in person, who let's face it, is getting up there in age.
Well, I got there about 1 hour early to make sure I got a good spot at the front of the line. When Stan finally arrived,we were let in to the room he was signing in. As each person approached the table, he would smile and sign the item(s) and his assistant would shuffle each person along. When it was my time to go up, he stopped and smiled, and looked at the July 1950 Sport magazine cover with his photo on it. He looked at me and jokingly asked if I got the magazine when it was originally on the newsstands. I explained that it was just one piece of my extensive Cardinals hall of famer collection, and he began asking about the other things I collect, and we discussed some of the othe not so well known players he had played with, and was impressed with, along with many other sports related issues. Before I knew it, 5 minutes had passed, and his assistant was nudging him to hurry. We said our goodbyes and as I left I got an opportunity to shake hands with one of my all time favorite Cardinals!
The people behind me werent too happy, but hey, I was thrilled!