View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Default BIN- Buy It Now or Buy It Never?

Posted By: Fred C

You know you spend too much time on a bull board when you read the post without knowing who wrote it until after you figured it out by reading the first paragraph. Totally Bruce!

Here's one story:

I listed a very beat up card (that many people would like to have) on ebay with a somewhat high BIN. The first time I listed it at $1200, nobody wanted it. I did get $1000 offers for it. A few months later I listed the same card at $1400 and nobody bought it. I did, however, receive $1200 offers for it. A few months after that I listed that same card at $1600 and nobody bought it. I did get offers of about $1400 for it. A few months past and someone offered $1600 for it but by that time my asking price was up to $1800 for it. Guess what, someone finally bought it for $1800.

I usually pass on those ridiculously high BINs but truth be told if it's something I was waiting for I might consider it if I felt that I'd never see that card again for a long time (or ever). I guess that dismisses any T206 cards (Cobb, etc). I'm talking about cards that are a little tough to come by. For example, if I saw an OJ I really had to have....