View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Likely to be Sold...Then Out of Business?

Posted By: David M

It's hard to believe where the economy has gone in the past year - actually ever since 9/11. First the airlines, then the banks and mortgage companies, the auto industry and now PSA.

Actually, I was never a fan of slabbed cards a few years ago - I wanted to touch and smell the old cardboard. Most of us here on the forum could grade a card NM or VG without paying someone to do it. My interest changed a few years ago when I started buying lots, stars and sets that were NM or better - and they were ALWAYS OVERGRADED. Then came the registry and a new interest on my part, not mention a great way to track cards for insurance purposes.

Today I only buy graded. Sure some cards are a bit off with grading but I have just as many 8's that should by 7's, but at least I know within 95% assurance that the card is NM (and no surprise miscut on the back!).

I hope PSA hangs around and weathers the storm of the financial crisis, that goes for all collectors too. PSA provides a value to the end user, like it or not.

I'm rooting for no more layoffs and locked doors at Topps, Upper Deck and PSA.