View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Default What Would It Take?

Posted By: boxingcardman

"We've already established what you are, ma'am. Now we're just haggling over the price."

I would say that generally, it would take either life-altering money or something I wanted more to pry my favorite items out of my hands. What we are 'haggling' over is the degree of disparity I would need to justify the deal. Let's take my E211 Ray Miller as an example. No one else has one; so far as I know, I have the sole surviving specimen of the card, and there is the family thing to consider. If you offered me $5,000 for it I would keep the card. If you offered me $5 million for it I'd not only take it, I'd hand deliver it to you in gift wrapping. The price at which I'd really part with it is somewhere in between. I can say that I've traded off a couple of my "untouchable" items in the past and have been sorry every time, even though I have objectively gotten the "better" of the deal, so before I do another one, I would really have to be at such a huge advantage that there would be no seller's remorse possible later.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc