View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Default The Depression of 2008

Posted By: Cat

Card values seem to be materially unaffected SO FAR....at least to the point of no downturn but my instinct is that card prices overall have been pretty flat in the last roughly 18 months.

I always believed that "dealers" propped up card values beyond market realities. But once dealer inventories failed to turnover then dealer money would get sunk into existing inventories and that money would no longer support certain bottom floors of card prices. I search on the "dealers" who sale on EBay and many are not moving much right now although I am not sure we have reached the dealer saturation point quite yet. The market sentiment as it pertains to cards still seems pretty upbeat. The last few auctions have had strong prices. I do see the overall sentiment changing a little though, so perhaps we will see a change in prices in the upcoming auctions. REA has a lot of very good stuff and Mastro is already bragging about their June auction. Will there be money abundant enough to chase these cards to healthy prices? We'll see.