View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Default OT: Need Ideas to Raise Money for Charity (Baseball Related)

Posted By: Ben

Leon, I hope it is okay to post this here!

All of the Net54 users have been very helpful in the past and I'm hoping some of you can help again.

Here's the story...I am friends with a gentleman who is the founder of The Children’s Tree and Art Foundation, Inc. This foundation was started in my hometown of Tenafly, NJ after the local government decided it necessary to remove a 350 year old tree because it was dying. The foundation was created to keep the spirit of the 350-Year-Old White Ash Tree alive and also support art education and environmental awareness by providing financial support to individuals and groups who promote effective programs that teach children the values of art and conservation.

Here is where you guys come in - The foundation had Louisville Slugger handcraft a bat made from the wood of the 350 year old tree. The bat was then signed by Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and Reggie Jackson. The bat will be raffled off with all proceeds going to benefit The Children's Tree and Art Foundation. The raffle is to be held on October 20, 2008.

I was hoping board members would offer advice as to where tickets to the raffle could be sold. The foundation is hoping to raise thousands of dollars for this project. If anyone has any advice/recommendations please share them. You can post here or email me at Nhale5516@aol.com. THANKS!

edited scan size