View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Default Beckett Launches New Site!

Posted By: Anonymous

Oaklandasfan..

So for those of us who do not like it should we lie and say it's great? It's our opinions if you like it that's fine but like you we can offer feedback as well.

you say give it a chance I for one have I've already figured everything out ect. Hence my opinion...

Since I'm here I might as well bring up another Issue I have..

On the new BGS/BVG registeries you can now add SGC/PSA/GAI cards to it.. Some people may like this option but I feel it's a slap in the face to a collector who may have been working on say a BVG set for 3 years and was at the #1 spot. Someone could waltz in enter there PSA graded cards and knock them out of first place.. Again some may not care as not everyone is into the whole registery thing, But many are and many are upset by this.

Under this "new" format there may be more SGC/PSA cards on Beckett's registery than actual BVG/BGS graded material. It just doesn't seem Like the best way to promote the Beckett grading name. As for as crossovers there is no longer a need for that as you can enter cards from different companies and still participate in the registeries..

Since the site launch a now former Beckett site user started his own forum. Last I checked it was around 600 registered members all of which are unhappy with the new site and will not be returning, This should tell beckett something imo.

I mention these things not to be "rude" but to be honest So please don't take it that way Brandon or anyone else for that matter.

David.