Thread: Crazy idea
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Default Crazy idea

Posted By: barrysloate

Mike- I look forward to one day reading your report, and while I was one who was skeptical of Cardtarget, I have to say you handled it as well as anyone could.

One of the biggest collections I ever bought consisted of a baseball library so large it filled a big uhaul, and its highlight was five Harry Wright season scorebooks. We split the collection four ways, and each of us knew the other three very well and for the most part we were all friends.

It went pretty smoothly but certainly not perfectly. We didn't always agree on everything, and only two of us handled the sale of the collection, while the other two were silent partners. As a result, they often felt they were being left out of all the decision making (some of the transactions were too small to have to consult each of the partners).

So imagine a partnership that encompassed dozens of stockholders, each owning only a small piece of the card. It would be really complicated. That Mike was able to pull this off at all really is a credit to him.