View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>DD</b><p>I just reviewed the material available on the Frank C. lawsuit web site. How does a company with ARA's supposed reputation end up spending lawyers fees with nothing to back them up except the word of Chris Morales? Out of everyone in the entire world that you could choose to authenticate a Beatles album, and you pick the guy that asks if Lennon is spelled with 2 "n's", or Lenin, as in Vladimir.<br /><br />The amount they are seeking is a joke. It's the standard value of a forged Beatles signed LP; somewhere in the $15,000 range, as opposed to the $75,000 if it was legitimate.<br /><br />I'm going to guess they may have given a cash advance to the consignor, and then they found out they were duped. I would definitely ask that question in court.<br /><br />By the way, the documents also make reference to the numbering scheme employed by Morales, and that he had certified approx 143 for them. How many did they submit to get a 143 to pass? I'll go out on a limb and say it was 142. #143 was a gift from Morales for all their business.<br /><br />Anyone have a Morales cert from CC? I would love to see how many he has authenticated for them.