View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>First off, I think Mr. Jaffe should be commended for starting this thread and having the balls to be so outspoken. I'm hoping that this thread just doesn't die and we all treat it like a family gathering and simply leave the get together to perhaps promise in five years, to get together again. I think we are all anxiously awaiting Mr. Morales' entrance back into the country and I'm pretty sure the STAT team won't be entering the hostile arena, which is this Forum. <br /><br />Especially since "glasses" updated his/her site to add a NASA piece which STAT Authenticated. They seem to have a A LOT of complete NASA pieces each month and the NASA pieces usually sell for "NADA" of what it should. SpaceCollect site (or is it Nasa Collect) had a thread running about this time last year on an Armstrong ball that the Coach's team claimed they (actually a consignor) got directly from walking up to Neil's house. You know Neil, he LOVES to sign. <br /><br />No he doesn't. He's borderline impossible. <br /><br />It was mentioned above about great sellers guaranteeing "for life" an item and EVERY seller should stand behind their opinion with an open mind that if a more respected person believes something to be false, they should gather their ego and pride, offer a refund and junk the piece. Too many times there is a heated debate, an argument, stubborness and eventually a respected friendship has gone South. In saying that, Lelands rocks. <br /><br />Also a mention of Ron K. Ron K. has an AMAZING piece up on Autographalert.com on the rather difficult signature of Mordecai Brown. He was a great writer for SCD, but SCD let him go...because his honest articles about baseball subjects (analyzing autographs) were upsetting the advertisers. Yet another reason for the public to turn their back on this once prominent hobby periodical.<br /><br />DJ <br /><br /><br /><br />