View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Default Changing hosts from Net54 to......??

Posted By: Joann

This board is just fine Leon. I understand what you are saying in that it is a bit old skool on the technology front. Still, for familiarity and recognition and archives and who all knows what else, it's probably not worth it to move just for the sake of a few bells and whistles.

It'd be nice to have the pictures not disappear or blocking posts or favorites or sticky threads or whatever, but I don't think that lack of these items drives people away. They're like the odd little idiosyncracies you like about your old car or a good friend - no problemo. A lot of what you and Brian have done by adding archives and an info area make up for a lot of that. A major upheaval and losses of who knows what history-wise and continunity-wise would not be worth adding the doo-dads at this point.

So don't worry about the format - worry about the content and keeping it in depth and expert and friendly and helpful and broad and deep and interesting and full of great scans and ... and generally jus' keep patrolling the borders!

J

BTW - I really don't like that photos disappear after a week, but I've honestly tried to use both image shack and photobucket, and for some reason I just can't seem to get them to work. This despite some very clear and detailed instructions that have been posted in the past. Not sure what my problem is, but I can't get them to work.