View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Default Jay Miller and Doug Allen

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Jim:

On May 27, 2007, in this very forum, Doug Allen of Mastro Auctions posted this:

"...neither myself or anyone from my firm will ever engage in the alteration of cards. We will disclose alterations that we note in items that are consigned to us and will continue to scrutinize cards submitted to us that have already been graded by an independant service. I refuse to say anything else on the subject..."

You did, in fact, read Mr. Allen's post, as evidenced by this response that you made in response to him:

"So Doug to reiterate the question that Jeff asked again and has been asked by numerous participants on this thread and which you continue to avoid,is it Mastronet's policy today to take creases out of the cards to "prepare" them for grading?"

To help you better understand the answer that he had already provided you, Mr. Allen responded with this:

"I have answered the question. We do not alter cards that are submitted to grading services I am not dodging any questions and am not leaving any wiggle room. You all seem focused on crease removal so I will answer that specific question. PSA and SGC do not allow for anything that applies undue pressure on a card including crease removal. That would be considered an alteration of a card in keeping with this this is prohibited by my employees."

Nine months later, you are still asking the same question of the same man, in every thread on this board that mentions Mr. Allen's company. In fact, you have mentioned in more than one post tonight that you never recall Mr. Allen addressing the issue of policy regarding card alterations on this board. And yet that is clearly not the case, as evidenced by the excerpts from your own posts above, you clearly read and understood Mr. Allen's responses to the very same questions you are asking today.

If you are looking for some different answer to the question, please specify. If you don't believe Mr. Allen's answer, please specify. If you have evidence that would refute Mr. Allen's earlier policy statement on this board, please elaborate. We'd all love to hear it. But the place to do it would be in a different thread. You are interfering with other discussions, and I seem to recall you being a pretty vocal opponent of thread hijacking.

I am interested in learning more about a potential book on N172s. That's why I opened this thread. If you want to beat up Doug Allen, please go to the designated Doug Allen Beatup Thread, which I believe is entitled "Mastro or Memory Lane," and is the perfect place to discuss clarifications on matters of policy, ad spending, and secretaries.

-Al

Edited for grammar, because I am a monkey.