View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Default We See Opportunities Where Others Don't

Posted By: JimCrandell

Lots of different ways to enjoy the hobby. Barry--you can enjoy things your way--but it does not mean that Bruce has to step back. Some of us are more competitive than others and it effects everything we do. There is no question that I would not wait in the cab line--but if Al wants to wait in the cab line and chat with people thats fine too--I just want to get there.

There are a limited number of high-end expensive cards in the hobby; there are a limited number of PSA 8 or better 1962 Topps Eddie Witt cards. What do you do if you want them--you hustle and plot and think how can I get it. You ask a seller to stop an ebay auction. You befriend a dealer--you go to work on a collector who has it.

Is this for everyone--of course not--but for some high achievers(not including myself) there is no other way--this is how they got ahead in business and this is how they will get ahead in card collecting.

Bruce--you need to become more aggressive--there is a certain ceo and his son in Califonia who are throwing tens of millions of dollars in the hobby and they are leaving all of us in the dust.

Jim