View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Default T206 SLers in T210

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

David, I think your perception that there aren't lots and lots of T210s out there is correct, especially series 6, 7, & 8.

I have 64 of 66 series 6 cards. And a handful of others. I once had about a fourth of the set, but started swapping and selling them to collect other stuff, giving up on all but series 6. I think there are two or three guys that either have 640, or are VERY close.

I suspect that a greater percentage of T210 collectors don't get their cards graded, than T206 collectors. More new collectors collect T206s than T210s, and I'd think newer collectors are more likely to collect slabbed cards.

So I think a significant aspect of there being few graded T210s is that there nowhere near as many T210s have survived as T206s. (I think some T210s were discarded after the player retired, especially if he never made it to the major leagues.) And a lesser aspect would be that currently, a greater portion of T210 collectors aren't caught up in the desire to have the cards graded. I don't think your Hooker is the only one out there. But there aren't bunches and bunches of them, either.