View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Default NY Post Jumps in to The Mantle War

Posted By: boxingcardman

“Speaking of thousands of dollars made, you sold me a large number of high-grade GAI 1955 Bowman baseball cards that were independently verified later as having been trimmed, re-glossed, or a combination of both. Are you planning on letting us all in on the secrets as to how you managed to perpetrate these alterations and get them past a professional grading company?”

Mark: your mistake--GAI isn’t a professional grading company.

“substitute Joe Orlando for Forman and PSA for SGC, we'd be over 300 posts by now, with every conspiritorial theory from Joe Orlando being linked to the Khmer Rouge and the rumor that the first PSA slabs were made from human skulls.”

Paul: funny you mention it, I always did think JO had a bit of Pol Pot to him; maybe it’s all the posters at CU that disappear when they criticize the regime.

As for the rest of this post, it ticks me off to see rumors and accusations parroted as fact, about anyone (well, almost anyone--rumors about Leon are ok ). There is a lot of talk in this thread about Dave Forman and Teletrade having some nefarious links. I don't know whether any of it is true. What I do know is that there are resources available to everyone if anyone wants to substantiate those allegations. The company is still active, headquartered in Irvine, CA. It also has a web site teletrade.com. Teletrade in turn is owned by Escala Group (escalagroup.com; Pink Sheets listing ESCL), which owns a bunch of collectibles companies. According to that company’s web site, which links to its SEC filings as far back as 1996, it was formerly known as Greg Manning Auctions, Inc., also a public company (“GMAI”). GMAI acquired Teletrade in 1998. At the time it was a diamond selling company. As many of you know, public companies have to file all sorts of disclosures with the SEC, including disclosures of who runs them and who owns more than a certain amount of their stock. So, my challenge to everyone throwing around allegations that Dave Forman had a past with Teletrade is: prove it. Show us the SEC filings from GMAI or ESCL that list Dave as an officer or director or shareholder. Let's see some facts to back up the rumors.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc