View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Missed my 10 year Anniversary Yesterday

Posted By: scott

Leon, I agree, I mean the changes are not helpful to the seller for the most part.

I remember the first time that I went to ebay there were like 25 things in the entire sports category. Mostly it was pottery and glass and that type of thing. A couple of months later, "Friendly" Henry Moses told me that I should check it out again (he left me my first feedback!) and it had really taken off but only to the extent that if something sold for $200-300 it was a big sale. Only the really high tech guys used pictures, you could leave feedback for people even if you had never done a transaction with them, the site used to go down all of the time and they had different servers named after types of reptiles. You would see a message at the bottom of the screen like "searching caiman" and then it would time out.

The focus of the site has moved away from antiques and into retail and the focus on making money is on trying to get the most out of the transaction instead of simply having more people selling. The latter is what made them successful in the first place and that (in my opinion) is why they are not seeing the growth that they had in the past.

Scott