View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Default Card Stores and the Internet

Posted By: John

I am not so sure peter (or anyone) should have to prove they belong here by posting scans of their cards. Is this a pissing contest or a message board devoted to love of the hobby? If someone reads the board and contributes, that should be enough- regardless of whether they own a pre-war card or not. After all, today’s person who may not have the cash for a huge pre-war collection might come to this board out of curiosity- how we treat the person may determine whether he/she remains interested in pre-war or the hobby in general.

I am also puzzled as to why people feel the need to constantly attack peter. If a post does not interest you, do not reply. I do that quite often here and on other message boards. If you do not find anything kind to say to someone, do not say anything. Name calling and sexist jokes are what kids (and adults who never grew up?) do on playgrounds. The idealist in me likes to think adults are emotionally mature enough to realize that just b/c you can hurl an insult at what you think is an ‘easy target’ doesn’t mean you should hurl the insult. It is a bit hypocritical to call someone a troll/useless when most of the people doing that are the ones constantly hurling insults @ peter. Mutual trollage perhaps? I wonder how those who hurl insults think THEIR posts reflect on Net54? Would you feel inclined to join Net54 today if you saw MANY people insulting someone for what appears to be no other reason than 'bc they have nothing better to do'?

As for the business idea, some shops here (few remain and I live in a LARGE urban area) do offer free wifi. Not quite the same as peter’s kiosk idea, but many people bring their laptops in and check out prices before buying from the shop owners. Other shops have Playstations and huge tvs- it seems to draw crowds, but I’m not sure it draws many buyers.