View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Default www.AlteredCards.com

Posted By: Anonymous

Jim,

I'm certainly about three steps away from the market now...but I'm trying to understand...

1) You clearly don't trust PSA, or SGC, or GAI, or any authentication company's competance to catch or to have caught alternations on cards.

I can certainly appreciate this viewpoint, and I share it.

2) You also don't trust the company's various buyback gaurantees, that they will "make good" if the card is found out to have been altered. This would, and should in theory, insulate you against a card being altered, as they would have to essentially replace it (with cash or card) if they made a mistake.

I can appreciate that as well...the various companies certainly have an inherent interest in believing their own systems are infallable.

3) You believe this gentleman's (Kevin) eye is the best that you can find, and you want him to review potential cards you buy.

No problem - we all have experts we respect.

But very simply...why is sending the card to him any different than sending it to any other company? What do you expect to happen to the graded cards if Kevin rejects them? Does it bother you if the cards are listed by Kris and Steve (both guys I know well & respect greatly) as OK, with no notes to failing this secondary vetting? What is the endgame?

If your only concern is keeping the cards out of your collection, then it makes sense to get as many eyes as possible to review. Are you OK accepting that the number of people you'll be able to buy from is going to drop dramatically, and with reducing sources you'll probably be paying more money?

Hey, if someone respects PRO and wants their cards certified only by them...why not??