View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Default MEARS effort to help clean up the hobby. REA signs on.

Posted By: Paul Moss

Here's the real world for you. The Mears strongarm tactic will have no effect on the auction houses as they probably have another authenticator du jour to promote in their catalogs and who will gain acceptance or might already have within the game used sphere in the hobby. In fact, is it possible that they might retaliate by not accepting merchandise accompanied by Mears letters of authenticity?

I know that I'd certainly be somewhat resentful if a non-governmental entity wanted to rummage through my books on the premise that I must prove my innocence. If I do not succumb to their demand, then I must have something to hide and must be punished accordingly. Guilty until proven innocent, the Napoleonic laws live! It's just so un-American. I suppose this sort of bullyboy tactic is more acceptable nowadays as this country descends from freedom to a fascist authoritarian state but it's nice to see that some (most) still stand up for their rights to do business without succumbing to threats, intimidation, and essentially false accusation. If they're guilty, prove it, but not this way.