View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Default Question about Herpolsheimer's 1921 cards

Posted By: 1880nonsports

but a much of the time ephemera and paper collector. I have seen MANY different kinds of "ghosting" that has occured over time to paper and inked goods. Moisture - pressure - storage - and god knows what facilitates errent and unwanted transfer. Add to that the exact same patterns - the fact that only one of each card exists and I think you have fairly good circumstantial evidence that it was a set that wasn't actually distributed - and that the braiding is in fact transfer. Is it possible that the backs were printed last or with a slightly greater amount of ink and subsequently - contemporaneously cut and stored one on the other? Multiple shhets as was pointed out doesn't make a lot of sense either. Some later date is credible as it moved down the timeline - someone liked the cards or the sheet - bundled them up - and put them away in whatever environment. Who knows. I think the point may be moot as how it occured wouldn't be germain unless there was a question of authenticity. Just a thought or two at 2:30 AM and not an ultimate defence of my position. If one had a sample in hand - a good loupe might help.