View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default Question about the Red Cobb Portait with Drum back T206

Posted By: ScottLevy

Given the comments that I have read, I have made the decision to amend our eBay listing to mention the re-back concern. I have further decided to reject offers made before noon today (when i revised the listing -- even though somehow the revision is not showing yet). Of course there is a flip side to the story, Two authentication services have blessed this card. Obviously, there is significant contention about these blessings but they are nonetheless paid professionals who have considered the card to be "good". While many have completely considered this card to be bogus I have not yet gone to that extreme. Let's just say that I now have doubts about its authenticity.

I respect the opinions of many of the group members here and am faced with a genuinely difficult issue. This card was purchased for $2500 years ago, and myself/my dad are not wealthy enough for this to not matter.

So I'm looking for advice from the experts to provide to my dad (who will make the ultimate decision). What course of action do people believe is reasonable for us to take....we do care about the hobby and want to protect it but need to look after our interests as well. I'm open to suggestions and I appreciate the kind words posted about us.

-Scott