View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymous Collector looking to "come out"

Posted By: Derek G.

Hi everyone,

I have recently discovered this forum and this is my first post ever (on any forum for that matter). I have accumulated quite a few pre-war cards over the past 6 or 7 years (all online), have done quite a bit of research (again, all online), and absolutely love what I see here (online). The knowledge that some members have on this board is astounding. That said, I do have a few cards that I would love to share with everyone when there's a "show and tell" or to contribute some interesting facts about some cards that others might not know.

I'm about to ask a question that may seem quasi-moronic to some. Please don't hate me. I see that most everyone here has some fantastic scans of their cards and I was wondering what people do to scan their cards. Do you use a digital camera or a scanner or what? How about ungraded cards? Is there any fear that the scan might somehow damage the card (if you are using a scanner). I've never sold any of my collection, so I have never had a need to scan or take a picture of my cards, but I feel that the time is right to "come out". I don't want to be one of those collectors who hoards his collection and never lets others enjoy it (although I have for the past several years)! Any insight would be great!

Thanks, ~Derek