View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Default T206 MISSION ACCOMPLISHED....99.8% Sovereign

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

Regarding your earlier question......"Are you going for a T206 super set, one back at a time?"......

I think the challenge of doing this nowadays would be an enormous undertaking for any one individual to try.
Back in the 1960's and '70s when Bill Heitman (and others) were accumulating 10's of 1000's of T206's for just
"pennies", it was very possible.

However, to do this now in a sequential manner (as you alluded to with your question) is virtually impossible.
Perhaps, my Grandson (21 years old) could carry on this "baton", and assemble a T206 Super Set by age 40.

However, in a multi-collector, parallel manner, it is not impossible. And, that is exactly what is ongoing with
several Net54 members.

I have a "complete" 518-card all-Piedmont set (missing the Big 4) and will soon have a complete 410-card
all-Sovereign set. Meanwhile, Lee Behrens has a near complete CYCLE 460 sub-set and last time I checked,
RayB is putting together an El Principe de Gales set. And, I am sure there are other Net54er's doing their
favorite T-brand sub-set.

And, now I've embarked on an American Beauty 460 set; and, I'm sure that I'll eventually expand this quest
to an all-American Beauty sub-set. Just with these five examples that I have noted here, we are proceeding
onwards; but, we need a lot more participants in this big adventure.

Thanks for asking,

TED Z