View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Default Leon has opinions just like the rest of us

Posted By: barrysloate

Joann- I'm not so worried about the future direction this board may take. Let's live in the present. All internet sites tend to become more commercial and allow more advertising as time goes on. I realize we are a little different, as this is not ebay but a site for the gathering and disseminating of knowledge (as well as a place for all hell to break loose). Leon has found a good balance between accepting revenue but keeping things in proper balance.

Maybe the next guy will be a money grubbing pig, but there is no next guy so I'm not going to worry about it. If it became too commercial, and was rife with conflicts of interest, it might cease to exist. Or somebody else might start a new board with more emphasis on what a chatboard should be. Who knows, but who cares. Greenland might melt and sink NYC beneath the ocean before that happens, and a chatboard suddenly won't seem so important.

Dave- skydash knows exactly what he is doing and I know he has had many laughs over the craziness on this board. He's a good sport and a regular guy with a sense of humor and he is well grounded. He will not let a few lunatics get in the way of his plan to sell his collection.