View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Default A Glance At Different Sets--Percentage in High Grade

Posted By: E, Daniel

Fair enough Peter, but I would have to say that over 50% of my cards have either been re-submitted once or crossed over as I'm hard core SGC.....At least 35% of the cards I've bought have been in PSA holders and I automatically cross over regardless of the resultant grade, I've resubmitted at least 10% of my collection for re-grading because I truly felt the card deserved better (once worse), and the 40-50% I purchased raw - I'm guessing at least some portion of those were cracked out of low holders and sold naked because they presented significantly better than their flip grade. And all of those of course ended up in the svelt black dressing that is the SGC holder.

I know this is only my experience, but I don't even consider myself a heavy trader - certainly I don't cross over or re-submit for selling which many many do. I guess I could be completely wrong, but as grading tends to represent the 'better condition' segment of card collections, often done for selling purposes or competitive nature, with many many higher end cards going through aution houses etc. multiple times in 5 year periods....I thought I was being conservative .

Ah well, it's only an opinion - and you know what they say about opinions .

Daniel