View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Default Shoeless Joe in the Hall?

Posted By: James Gallo

I think it would be very hard to compare what Jackson and Rose did to what Bonds, Big Mac and all the other steroid heads did.

First off I think both Rose and Jackson belong in the hall of fame because of what they did on the field and those accomplishments could never be taken away from them.

Second I understand the issues around both and they are both guilty, however I will put this out there.

Bonds is likely never to be found guilty in a court, yet public opinion still holds him to be guilty of the crime and he has "paid" for it.

Jackson was found innocent in court and he is still held to be guilty in some peoples minds.

If Bonds gets in why shouldn't Jackson be in.

If you think throwing a game is so bad how is taking a drug to illegally enhance your ability not very similar to throwing a game. How many games did Bonds or McGwire win because they juiced. How is winning a game that you should have lost really that different then missing a catch to lose a game on purpose. IMO this is just as bad.

I think there needs to be some level to which ALL players are held to.

If players in this juiced era are allowed and voted into the Hall of Fame then players like Jackson, Rose and even Chance should also be in. The problem is that Jackson, Rose and Chance, have proven numbers, while the Steroid users really don't.

We don't know if Bonds would have hit 500 HR if he didn't juice, so we really don't have unbiased records for the last 20 years or so.

I would have no problem with almost none of the superstars of the last 10 years getting into the hall ever, but that will never happen. This includes pitchers like Clemens and so forth.

If Selig had even a tiny set of balls he would act on something, but he never does. Baseball is going to be stale until we get a real commissioner who will actually act and not sit behind a desk.

One of the sports shows I listen to said if you told bonds he could use illegal drugs and get into the hall of fame, but be labeled a cheaper or no use the drugs and maybe not get in that he would gladly accept the first choice.

I saw his reaction when he hit that 756 ball and it made me sick. He throws his arms up in the air like he is such a god.

Ahh if only Brady Anderson was still playing so bonds would have some competition for the dumbest player around.

Just my thoughts...

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.