View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone Else Depressed?

Posted By: Silver King

Hey Jared, I share your pain. I found this forum while looking for information about my great great grandfather who played in the 1880's. I discovered that he had several Old Judges and was pretty shocked to find out that even the beat up ones were going for at least $200. I couldn't find any more of his cards so I expanded my collecting thinking I could maybe collect the 1886 and 1887 teammates. Well, many of those are in the thousands. I expanded my search and found some 1880's Browns items and those were in the thousands. A couple items with him on it are the one of a kind items and as much as I would have liked to had them, I couldn't take away things from my family. I have 3 kids under 6 years old and lots of things to pay for the next couple centuries. I am not depressed, but I am disappointed that so many things are so expensive. It's supply and demand.....and some people just get to have more toys. My yearly budget is about $1000 and I have already spent that this year on some cool things, but I am tapped out.