Thread: a major problem
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Default a major problem

Posted By: jay behrens

Barry, this was never meant to single you out. There are other posters that are just as guilty of hijacking threads they don't like or find boring.

The point is that I am not bothered by OT posts. Hell, I was the probably the king of that area at one time. My problem is with people that find it necessary to make random observations for no other reason than they think that the topic is dead or of no interest to them, etc. To me, that's disrespectful to the person that started the thread. If you really need to make a post about some random OT observation or TV show trivia, then start a new thread.

Hijackings can be intentional, or unintentional. Some are good, some are bad. The ones that go from one legit forum topic to another isn't such a bad thing. Ones that go from a legit forum topic to a Seinfeld trivia contest are a bad thing.

Even I make hidden references to different movies, etc, but I really don't want to see the topic sidetracked by it. It's meant to add some humor levity, not start a new discussion. Maybe I should be taking my frustration out, not on Barry and others who make the initial reference, but on those that can't think of anything better to contribute to the board than add more stupid Seinfeld trivia after someone else does it. Hell, why doesn't someone start a thread for Seinfeld trivia and then you can get it all out of your system in one area.

As to the other board, Scott's board is the board that I help run. As far as I know it's the only other board geared towards pre-WW2 cards and memorabilia. As to the "snapshot" someone provide about the other forum, that like taking a snapshot of here during all the turmoil 6 or so months back and saying that is all net54 is about. Nice spin there doctor.

All I am asking is that if you think a thread is dead, then let it die, don't inject Seinfeld or rock trivia, etc into it.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.