Thread: a major problem
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Default a major problem

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Barry:

Please consider the possibility that the author of a thread may not consider the subject which he has chosen to be "very dull". And if his thread is going awry, he may be waiting for the exact right moment to shove it into the groove which he intended for it to follow.

And here enters Barry ... the executioner. In his wisdom, Barry executes the thread, then charges it with being dull, then posthumously finds it guilty. And even the author can not revive a corpse, but he sometimes starts again. As just happened.

A little dramatic? Well yes, that is another sport.

However, there appear to be some who object to showing the author of a thread any respect. What exactly is the objection to showing the courtesy which this communication vehicle warrants, I wonder. Who will put any time or effort into a post which is going to be treated as if it was a 19th century stagecoach?

Where are these other boards which I hear about? Scott Elkins has one, and Jay B. another, are there other vintage boards? Please e-mail identify7@peoplepc.com with the addresses of these so that I can visit them, or please direct me to a listing of them.

Thank you, Gil