Thread: a major problem
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Default a major problem

Posted By: barrysloate

If the Seinfeld posts are becoming too much of a distraction, I am more than happy to cease and desist.

The only point I will make in my defense is the board is not a war room. We're not here to rid the world of all its ills. While this is unquestionably a place to discuss vintage baseball cards, most of us are friends and we have formed a bit of community. And not every thread is so earth shattering that it needs our undivided attention. As such, it's not that big a deal if we want to take a little break and have some fun.

If you were walking the aisles of the National, bumped into an old friend, and started talking about a movie you saw the night before, do you think you should be kicked out? After all, you are at the National to buy and sell baseball cards, not chat about movies.

Quite frankly, I find some baseball card threads that are more boring to me than the off topic ones. I don't want to single them out but there are many I see that I say to myself "why is someone wasting time with this pointless thread?" Not every baseball card topic is a fount of information either.