View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auction Descriptions

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

First, I never realized that Mastro altered cards until after Doug mentioned it out here. Next, when you buy graded cards you assume that you are only dealing with the bona fides of the grading company -- it was not until Doug made his admission that I learned I had to trust them as well not to try to slip something past PSA or SGC. Finally, Jim Crandell created a very nice environment when he met with Doug and asked the same question and got a 'no comment' from him. Doug came out here on this thread and was evasive in his responses to the same question -- until he finally came clean (sort of). So, perhaps whatever so-called environment that was created here worked to get some answer out of him.

And finally, I make no apology for airing my questions and criticisms on a public board of like-minded collectors. I think it would be weasly to pick up the phone, get the information and then not share it with the rest of you. Or get on the phone, make Doug feel as if he is having a private conversation with me and then blast the info out here - also weak in my opinion. What is the purpose of this board if not to air all of these issues publicly?