View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auction Descriptions

Posted By: T206Collector

You call it blunt, I call it keeping it simple. For me, the issue is always one of "How am I personally harmed by purchasing one of these cards?" The answer will always be that the value will go down if the alteration is detected. Thus, I want to know that I will get the difference in the price I paid and the ultimate value back from either Mastro (who sold it) or SGC (who graded it). Since they both will give me my value back, there is no harm to me economically or otherwise.

Morality is not irrelevant. When it comes to identifying a universal standard of card grading, we should stick to identifying provable facts before we even begin to contemplate how everyone should feel about those facts. But, to be sure, morality is already at play in card grading. Indeed, the universal distaste for recoloring cards or adding paper to cards is based in moralilty. And though I could write a thesis about "Morality in Card Grading," I'd rather just make sure that I bought what I thought I bought -- and if not then I can have a do-over.