View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auction Descriptions

Posted By: T206Collector

"I would like to hear an explanation of why Mastro Auctions considers it acceptable to press out a wrinkle/crease and PSA does not."

I think that is a fair question, but I would like to know more about the specific processes that are used to press wrinkles. Spooning a card is one thing (in my own opinion, bad and easily detectable), but soaking gunk off the back of a card and then pressing it in the middle of a dictionary to keep it from warping during the drying process is another. The latter can sometimes moderately improve the appearance of wrinkles -- and would be undetectable and not enforceable by PSA, notwithstanding their general statements against it. Again, I think questions should be asked with specific examples in mind.

But, to me, if you buy an SGC graded card in a Mastro auction, what Mastro did to the card before SGC got its hands on it is not particularly relevant to me; though Doug's money-backed guarantee is another arrow in the quiver (along with SGC's guarantee) of potential future restitution.