View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auction Descriptions

Posted By: Doug Allen

Sorry I missed all the fireworks....involved in family Memorial Day festivities. Seems strange to call them festivities but basically spent the day with the wife and kids. Have a nephew that is a Ranger in Iraq so my thoughts go out to him today.

Anyways, Jim I would be happy to sell your 48 DiMaggio in a PSA 4 holder. I am sure dealers that believed they could get the crease out would bid accordingly.

As indicated earlier I have notified all employees that process cards that any and all alterations that we know of need to be disclosed in the write-up. Just last auction we disclosed that a T206 Plank was restored. If you buy a card in my auction and find a card was altered and this was not disclosed bring it to my attention and I will issue and immediate and full refund...regardless of whether a card grading company noted it or not.

Two more cases in point. After it being pointed out on this forum I offered a full refund for a PSA8 Walter Johnson that I was not comfortable selling. Same with a rare back Elberfeld card (I think it was Broad Leaf 460). I don't hide behind grading services and I am not hiding from my customers.

I am not sure why you choose to beat up on me in this forum. I don't know what else I can do.

Sincerely,

Doug Allen
President
Mastro Auctions