View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Default disclosure issues

Posted By: JK

Im hesitant to supply and answer to this as I dont want any assumptions being made about my selling practices - I sell rarely sell and as noted below, make disclosures even when arguably none are required. Answering as a buyer, I would only be upset if I did not receive disclosure as to item number 4 - and then only if it was something more than soaking off paper or erasing pencil. I probably wouldnt even be upset to learn that a wrinkle was pressed out (provided the wrinkle never came back and that the card was not otherwise altered).

I think arguably that no disclosure is required as to the first three since nothing was done to the cards - each situation can be chalked up to a subjective difference of opinion. Even the rejected card that is subsequently graded by a different company, IMO, doesnt necessarily require disclosure as it too amounts to a difference of opinion between two companies - who is to say which company is right and which is wrong. That being said, I once had an e95 plank that was slabbed by psa. I sent it to sgc in the slab and was told it was trimmed. I sold it, still slabbed by psa and with full disclosure that sgc deemed it trimmed, and ended up taking a loss on the card.