View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Default Memory Lane Redux?

Posted By: Anonymous

Well this thread certainly took a turn and went in all sort of tangents, and I'm still waiting for the gunman on the grassy knoll to be brought up. My intention of the original post was as I stated, a price comparison in the difference in prices realized between the two auctions on similar cards in light of what many feel is a bubble market and as to whether we are in a "corrective" mode, or whether the information regarding Cohen on this board had effected the overall prices. I also stated that several (NOT ALL by any means) were the identical card and that the serial number business was just something that caused me to question as to what was going on.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with the buyer of the M116 from the April auction who gave me a rundown on what had transpired. He told me that he knew for a fact that the consignor had both PSA 8 in the auctions and I guess that it follows that the second one on the market in such a short period of time would bring substantially less. He also stated that the 34 Goudeys in the Dec auction were unpaid for by the winner. Fair enough, I guess that could happen, but I'm surprised that the underbidders weren't offered a chance at the cards rather than a rerun of the set as that's one hell of a hit to take. I know that if I had been the consignor, I would not have been happy about it.