View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default 1949 Bowman Baseball set Information

Posted By: Rich Klein

of this hobby, at least as long as I've been it, whether it is prospecting young players or working on buying the best conditioned cards you can find.

What is now missing again, and while in many ways we have gone back to a 1970's like atmosphere is the constant camaderie that used to be part of the hobby.

Remember hospitality rooms for dealer? When was the last time you set up at a show which had these?

Remember shows, in some parts of the country -- like DFW -- a show of more than 30 tables may be a once a year event

Remember when you had to communicate with letters and phone calls -- now it's all emails.

Now, I'm not saying that everything is bad with today's world --

Just remember, that less chances for personal contact does take something away from the hobby

One item I meant to add is the Net 54 annual dinner is one of the closest things to the old "hospitality" rooms out there. If you have not gone in the past, and are in Cleveland, it's worth attending. I will verify that the ones I have attended have been worth it both on a personal and on a business level

Regards
Rich