View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Verkman – Keep your Word - Letters From Bill Mastro, Joe Orlando, & Marshall Fogel

Posted By: Steve

Mark,

You are not dealing in an honest way and it is thus hard to take you seriously. You personally told me that you went to a museum in your area and they told you it would run $300 or something to test the paper and you did not want to spend the money; I then offered to pay the cost of testing (and not just the paper, also the ink) and would have this done in New York. You also asked me to send you a notarized LOA in early November and told me that you would be comfortable with that as a solutionl you certainly did not say that you were going to submit the card to PSA a second time with my letter. It is these types of things that make it very difficult to work with you and why an escrow arrangement with a lawyer of your choosing is not acceptable.

Bottom line is if the card is proven scientifically to be found inauthentic, you will be taken care of. Letters from collectors, even those as knowledgable as Mr Fogel, do not prove the dating of any card. Every grading company has made mistakes with respect to authenticity of vintage items as this can be subjective. Goudey may well have made this as a prototype or promotional card. If this was reproduced, why would someone only make one of them? It simply does not make sense; we are not talking about a Frojoy Ruth card here. Finally, while it is your right to air this out in a public forum, you do not help yourself when you omit crucial details and are basically running a smear campaign. - Steve