View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Default LEW LIPSET - BLOCKED BIDDER

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Well Mike, it is your loss if you chose to not deal with Mr. Lipset.

He can be a man of few words. The words are well chosen, though. I treasure my dealings with him. Maybe more than the cards I've bought from him.

I share Joe P's views about Mr. Lipset. And it seems I share Joe P's views of the card collecting hobby in general, too. I did meet Mr. Lipset once. It was in Arizona, at a Diamondbacks game. Memorable for me in many ways. My wife and kids were with me, we'd driven down from Las Vegas. Flew there, rented a one way car to Phoenix. My parents had driven up from Tucson. We'd visit with my folks, then fly back to Kentucky. To the ever so slight surprise to our wives, my Dad and I had arranged meeting in Phoenix when the Diamondbacks were in town, and our Cardinals, of all teams, just happened to be playing. Randy Johnson pitched brilliantly for AZ, yielding only 1 run in the top of the 9th. Jose Jiminez pitched a no-hitter. AND, before the game, I went down to the box seat area behind the home dugout, and found Mr. Lipset in his seat. We talked cards and baseball for a few minutes during batting practice. What a night... met Mr. Lipset, saw a game with wife, kids, and parents, and it was a no hitter. AND the Cards won.

Frank.