Thread: FedEx
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default FedEx

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I cringe now whenever anyone ships me something from FedEx or UPS and this is the reason why. I've had packages left in the open by my front door, tossed on my back patio etc...from Fed Ex in particular. I live in an apartment complex so everything is right out in the open where anyone can just walk by and pick it up. The front door of my apartment leads out into a "breezeway" which is common "walking grounds" for a good number of people going to and from their apartments. One time, I had some e107 HOFers show up in a Fed Ex envelope that wasn't even set next to the door. It was actually held on to the door several feet above the ground by a clasp that is used to hold small brochures or notes from the apartment office. So in that case, if the e107 HOFers weren't stolen outright, they still might have fallen several feet onto a concrete surface and suffered other sorts of damage while still inside the package.

UPS is a little better. At least they will either leave packages at my apartment office or make me come pick them up at a local facility. I'd definately rather make the extra trip than have a package with cards in it just sitting around. The scary thing about UPS is I have had a couple of envelopes show up from them before with actual tire tracks on them which makes me very leery of their service as well though. The envelope was nothing short of trashed as well so I have no choice but to believe that they actually ran over my package. Fortunately cards were not inside either of those or they most certainly would have suffered sigificant damage if not destroyed altogether.

For me, it's Insured or Registered shipping via USPS. I've never had anything to complain about as far as the post office is concerned.