View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Default Show & Tell Autographs you personally acquired

Posted By: Ken McMillan

Mike Ditka,

Funny story. My wife and I went to Ditka's restaurant in Downtown Chicago for dinner in the late 80's. We had an hour and a half wait to get into the Restaurant and my wife was a little impatient and hungry. Mike Ditka walked out of the restaurant and I got his attention. He came over to talk to us and my wife had the audacity or stupidity to ask him if his restarant was worth the wait. He said he hoped it was, he thinke it is, "that's one advantage I have is I don't have to wait". i love telling the story to this day especially if the wife is present.

I also ran into Harry Carey outside of Wrigley with a friend one time. Talked with him for about 15 minutes and took a picture. My wife was a huge Harry Caray fan and asked if I got an autograph. I said to her, "now why would I do that, I don't really like Harry Carey" being that I thought Jack Brickhouse was a better announcer who actually announced the game. She didn't believe me til we had the film developed. Unfortunately, the Cubs lost to the Cards 5 to 4 that day.