View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Default Show & Tell Autographs you personally acquired

Posted By: whitehse

After High school I went to work for the Chicago Cubs and worked there for 8 years. I had many chances to meet the greats and was even in the Phillies clubhouse when they clinched the division in 1983 at Wrigley (I think its 83...geez I am getting old)as well as in the Reds dugout when Pete Rose tied Cobbs record. It was at this same time I would always see a white haired man that hung around Wrigley and Pete Rose whenever the Phillies and later on the Reds would come into town. I came to find out later his name was Whitey and apparently one of Pete Rose's "guys". We had talked to so much over a 2 year period thatAone day after the Phillies were leaving and would not make another appearance in Wrigley for the year, He slipped me this card and said keep it since the 3 players had agreed they would not sign this particular card anymore. I dont know if they still are not signing this card but I have kept it!! Always liked the look and with the autos it makes it much better. I think I will finally send this to JSA not really for the authetication but the holders look better than what I have it in. Sorry for the long read!.