View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default Board With The Truth

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

I think all of this is great. It's better than any soap or trashy novel. I see the hobby as just fine (and yes Bruce this is a hobby according to most!) The best way to describe this hobby is: It is a two sided coin, one side you have the people who "foremost" love the cards, the history of the game, and collecting in general. Those people I call collectors. Then on the other side you have what I call "A Money Guy" they usually buy in hopes to flip an item for a profit in the near or distant future. Now I know dealers on both sides of this coin and do realize that they have chosen this hobby as there main source of income and that is GREAT, but Bruce to say that collecting sports cards is not a hobby and to give the impression to me that you only see it as a business is very sad in my eyes. I personally would not want to buy cards from anyone who only she me as a $. I do that with everything else in my life but not my "hobby". So Bruce with some of the comments you have made here makes me think you are "A Money Guy" and in my eyes that is not a good thing for this hobby. I have never meet you and hope one day we can meet and talk all this out in person.

Trevor Hocking