Thread: Joe Orlando
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default Joe Orlando

Posted By: E, Daniel

Leon, I'm not too sure how unbiased a board or chatroom this possibly can be.
As I perceive it, this is a place where there were certain overall views and collecting emphasises that germinated early in its development, people who were and have remained involved for many years, and who have continued to shape much of the 'philosophy' of this vintage card haven. I would personally believe that many who have differed dramatically in their views with incumbent members have tried for a while, given up, and moved along. I doubt that ideas and viewpoints have been changed much by discussion as the general hard-headedness of this community is so plain in most threads. Not that that is unusual, or wrong, or even non representative of general communities, as indeed people congregate and maintain relationships for that specific reason....a sameness of opinion in enough areas to maintain cordiality and smooth over areas of difference.

So, Dave Forman went down quite well? Surprise surprise on a board where most members enjoy SGC services if they like their cards graded, and even where the occasional voice their choice of PSA - very few bother or belive in bashing SGC (and I clearly think their product is better too!).
Joe Orlando? Does anyone really believe he would get a fair hearing, especially if it can be seen in his product that their are so many shortfalls....how do you appease that?

regards
Daniel