View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default Seeking quotes for SCD article -- pack grading

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

1. Does a pack that's graded make you feel more confident about authenticity and the "guaranteed unsearched" element of a buy...or not?

NO

3. If you are a pack collector, I'd love to hear your answer to this one: The hobby mentality is based on ripping packs open as soon as possible. Why do people like unopened packs? Where do you find the willpower to not open a pack?

I've got wax packs from over 20 years ago that I purchased. I didn't save them for any particular reason. Funny story... I found a stack of 1984 Topps cards in my sons room and I asked him where he got the cards. He said he got them out of the garage. I assumed that he pulled them from a 5K count box that I have filled with those cards. A few days later I found a few more stacks of 1984 Topps cards and I asked my son where he got those and he gave me the same answer, this time he said that the gum was terrible. It never dawned on me that he pulled the cards from my unopened wax boxes. I was going to ask him to stop pulling the cards from the 5K count box because they were in numerical order. Instead I just kind of shook my head and laughed and asked him to stop opening the wax packs.