View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Default E221 Bishop's cards and an ebay success story

Posted By: leon

You know you are hopelessly addicted when you wake up the morning before an auction is over dreaming about being out sniped . This green San Francisco card just arrived. I need to pay credit to the seller, Mike Berkus, whom I have never met personally (yet). Mr. Berkus runs the National Sports Collectors Convention, for folks that don't know. At any rate about 3 weeks ago I won a card from him on ebay. It was about an $85 card and I got it and felt it was trimmed. I politely emailed Mike about the issue and 5 minutes later I received my funds back in my paypal account. I then got an email stating his apology and to return it at my convenience. That was some of the best service I had ever gotten on ebay in over 1000 transactions, and there are some great ebayers I do business with. On this Bishops card, the one with Weaver, he communicated extremely well in several emails and did everything perfectly. I got the card today with the extra overnight postage paid by him. It had one of the best packaging jobs I have ever seen too, probably 6-7 layers of padding. What great experiences I had with this gentleman......and the card speaks for itself....It's definitely a keeper....(no Tbob, the restaurants are still doing poorly I just went in the hole for this one)