View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Default Grading: What do you do

Posted By: E, Daniel

I sent a $750 card, fully insured, priority, with signature confimation required.
The buyer said he never got it, created a chargeback with paypal - which was absolute hell, so I started the claims process.
I had everything fully documented.
I spoke personally to the postmaster at the delivery center where the card was mailed.
I was told after much, much, haranguing, firstly that the postal delivery guy wasn't working the day of the delivery, and that he had no memory of the item or its delivery.
Then, when it was shown he had keyed in the codes for the package and therefore WAS working that day, he said he remembered dellivering it, and couldn't explain why there was no signature on file.
I spoke to the building security where it was supposedly delivered, and they denied having signed for it. I spoke personally to senior management in the office where he worked, and had him ask everyone who worked there if they signed for the item, and none had.
After so many many phonecalls with the postmaster involved (NYC), she admitted that in all likelihood the delivery person had simply entered all the codes for the packages beforehand in his truck, as a way to save time on delivery, and that this happened from time to time.

So I wrote it all up, and waited for USPS to pay the insurance on the item.
Guess what, they denied payment, saying their records showed delivery - AND THAT'S WITHOUT A SIGNATURE AS REQUIRED - on file.

So I explained all this to paypal, and guess what. They found in favour of the guy who said he never recieved the item.

So I got royally f#@$$*.
And i did everything, everything right.
Out a card I adored, out the money, **** out of luck.

So postmaster poster on the board, forgive me if I take anything you recommend with a 30lb sack of salt.

sincerely
daniel enright