View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Default My Ideas for Next Steps

Posted By: whitehse

Again as a small time collector maybe I am a voice in the wilderness. The recent postings has opened my eyes even wider to issues in this hobby. I think we all knew things like this were happening but to get some sort of confirmation was very alarming.

But at this point dont you feel that the attention that has been brought on these issues is enough to wake up the collectors in this hobby?? I mean to be honest I have been in this hobby for 30 years or more and I know the idea of a "collectors association" has been tried and failed miserably. I am not trying to be a jerk but I guess my question is this....what will make this attempt any different than all the others?? what will this association offer that others didnt?

I guess at this point in time maybe you should rest in the fact that light was shed on a dark corner of our hobby and at this time buyers should be aware!! Fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me!

I do appreciate the effort that was put in place here and I can say if I am ever in the position to be able to do bidding with auctions houses I do know who I will and will not spend my hard earned money with. I think everyone here has been able to make up their minds regarding who they are spending money with and they dont need a seal of approval from a association that might not be here in 2 years.

just my 2 cents